Art and Design
“Art has the role in education of helping children become like themselves instead of more like everyone else” – Sydney Gurewitz Clemens
Art is for most pupils a natural form of expression and a source of great pleasure. We encourage pupils to develop their creative and imaginative talents through learning skills and techniques and using a variety of materials and tools. During their time in Mersey Park the children will be exposed to a range of Art genres. The children will visit each genre multiple times to ensure progression of skills. Listed below is an outline of some of the work covered within each year group:
To view the overview for our Art and Design curriculum please follow the link for your child’s year group:
Click below to view the progression of skills across the year groups for Art and Design:
We like to use the local area and specialist teachers to share their knowledge of different Artistic events, here are some of the highlights from this year:
- Year 1 – Toy day bringing in own toy to draw following Chris Lange technique with a small look Austin’s butterfly to improve sketches.
- Year 2 – Collaborative art day.
- Year 3 – Williamson Art Gallery to look at Ancient Egyptian artefacts.
- Year 4 – Art day to make Greek masks.
- Year 5 – Ian Fennelly Art day to create 3D sculptures of Roman soldiers.
- Year 6- Ian Fennelly Fine Art day.
We are currently aiming for the Artsmark Award to achieve our ambitions for high quality arts and cultural provision.
FOUNDATION SUBJECT REPORT TO GOVERNORS – SPRING 2018 – ART :
Art Foundation Subjects report for Governors computing.docx