Wirral FUSS & FUPS (Free Uniform for Secondary and Primary School) is committed to distributing good quality school uniform for re-use – FREE – regardless of family circumstances, AND to reducing textile landfill.
Visit our website: www.wirralfuss.co.uk, contact us on email@example.com, or phone on 0151 632 6524: for more details, contact information and Hub locations.
Very soon we will be opening a more permanent shop hub at 3-5, Borough Pavement, in the Pyramids – serving schools in the Birkenhead area. Watch out for details on our website www.wirralfuss.co.uk
Wirral FUSS & FUPS
(Free Uniform for Secondary and Primary School)
WHY SCHOOL UNIFORM ?
- nearly all children have to wear school uniform
- school uniform can be expensive
- it’s a big burden for families especially those on low incomes
- uniform can become a cause of conflict, stigma, even exclusion
BUT, at the same time,
- many children grow out of uniform before it is worn out
- children move schools – which means yet more uniform to buy
- large amounts of good quality uniform end up as landfill waste
- new isn’t always best: waste prevention, re-use and re-cycling matter
- children and parents want to play their part in caring for our planet
HOW DOES IT WORK ?
- Schools publicise Wirral FUSS & FUPS in their E-newsletters
- Wirral FUSS Donation Drums are located in schools, local hubs, etc.
- Families donate unwanted, outgrown or outworn school uniform
- Schools let Wirral FUSS know when their Drum is full
- Wirral FUSS volunteers collect the clothing, sort it, process it (wash and mend where necessary), and store it at the local Hub nearest to the schools
HOW DO FAMILIES FIND THE UNIFORM THEY NEED?
- Families access any uniform or other items they need, either by requesting it online at www.wirralfuss.co.uk (for secondary) OR go to their local Hub when it is open or by appointment (for primary) – details on the same website
- Families can also contact us direct: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0151 632 6524
- ALL UNIFORM IS SUPPLIED FREE TO FAMILIES REGARDLESS OF THEIR CIRCUMSTANCES
- Any clothing which is not in good enough condition for Wirral children to use will – as far as possible – be re-used elsewhere in the world, re-cycled for industrial research, or otherwise waste-prevented, via textile reclamation.