Welcome to Year 2!
The staff in Year 2 are:
Mrs Inman 2I
We would like to welcome the parents and pupils starting in Year 2 to meet the staff and find out a little more about how the year will run. Enjoy our presentation:
Click below to view the latest curriculum overview
Please click the following links for support during Covid-19:
Click here to view the Long Term Overview for Year 2 (2021-2022).
Toast money (50 pence per week) should be paid on parent pay or brought into school in a labelled envelope at the beginning of each half term.
Homework and PE Timetable:
|Homework given out||Homework to be returned|
|Spellings given out||Spellings to be returned and tested|
|Reading books will be sent out||Reading books to be returned|
If your child has misplaced their spelling homework please click on the right link below to print another copy:
|Mrs Inman/Mrs Robertson||Ms McGinn||Stage 2 Spelling Shed|
Year 2 news...
What a week!
We have been very busy this week! We’ve completed a full set of sample SATs papers, with amazing results for this time of year and still managed to fit in some great activities in our other lessons. The highlights include:
- KS1 assembly in Healthy Me
- Geography work on where we would rather live – a city or an island
- Being Healthy in Jigsaw work
- Being able to relax in Jigsaw work
- Recapping how to be a responsible online citizen
- Thinking about how it feels to be cyber bullied
A busy end to Spring Term 1
What a busy week we’ve had in Year 2! Some of our highlights include:
- Writing instructions to make tasty cupcakes
- Using money in different ways
- Thinking about the human lifecycle
- Safer Internet Day – keeping personal information private and ‘Being Free to be Me’
- Celebrating achievements in our Jigsaw work
- Using strong password in Computing
- Learning how to create Safe Searches
- Enjoying a Spanish story as part of Multicultural week
Spring term weeks 5 and 6
Wow, Year 2 have been so busy this fortnight. We have:
- thoroughly enjoyed our Scottish day
- got to grips with fractions
- improved our handwriting
- baked cupcakes
- learnt about germs and food hygiene
- become responsible gamers
- thought about Forgiveness and Good Friendships
Fun Fitness Friday
What an exciting day! We will definitely be relaxing over the weekend. We have enjoyed a day full of exercise and fun. Thank you Mr Murphy for our wonderful session. We enjoyed exercising to 80’s and 90’s music! We can’t wait for the next Fun Fitness Friday!
What an amazing day Year 2 had as our Entry Point to our new Geography topic! Well done for all the fabulous costumes. We made shortbread, created their own tartan, sketched the Scottish thistle, created a 3D Struay island, had a food tasting session and did some Scottish dancing. How busy they were! Thank you to everyone who helped at school and at home.
Spring term Week 1 fun!
Happy New Year from Year 2!
We’ve had a really busy and fun first week back. Here’s some highlights of what we’ve done:
Save the Children Christmas Jumper Day
On Friday 13th December we wore Christmas jumpers to help raise money for Save the Children. Here are some pictures of the fluffy, funny and colourful jumpers we wore!
Our highlights this week!
This weeks highlights include:
- Christmas play practice
- Becoming bouncy ball Scientists
- a lovely assembly
- Being great storytellers
Not Now, Bernard! And other highlights
Year 2 have had a really busy week. Our highlights have been:
- Learning Not Now, Bernard
- Beginning rehearsing our Christmas play
- Having Mrs Thomas visit our lessons
- Lego Maths workshop with our parents
What a week!
It may only be the beginning of November, but Year 2 have begun secret Christmas Production auditions! Not only that we have also started our new Fire Fire topic, had an amazing trip to Birkenhead Fire Station, had a visit from the Anti-Bullying Ambassadors following the whole school performance and studied some challenging Maths. Here are the pictures for you to see for yourselves what a week it has been!