Welcome to Year 2!
The staff in Year 2 are:
Mrs Inman 2I
Miss McCulloch 2M
Toast money (50 pence) should be brought into school on Monday for the whole week.
Homework and PE Timetable:
|Homework due in||Homework given out|
|Spellings given out||Spellings to be returned and tested|
|Reading books to be changed||Reading books to be changed||Reading books to be changed||Reading books to be changed||Reading books to be changed|
Below are your child’s spellings for this week:
|Mrs Inman||Miss McCulloch||Mrs Simpson|
Year 2 news...
Spring term Week 1 fun!
Happy New Year from Year 2!
We’ve had a really busy and fun first week back. Here’s some highlights of what we’ve done:
Save the Children Christmas Jumper Day
On Friday 13th December we wore Christmas jumpers to help raise money for Save the Children. Here are some pictures of the fluffy, funny and colourful jumpers we wore!
Our highlights this week!
This weeks highlights include:
- Christmas play practice
- Becoming bouncy ball Scientists
- a lovely assembly
- Being great storytellers
Not Now, Bernard! And other highlights
Year 2 have had a really busy week. Our highlights have been:
- Learning Not Now, Bernard
- Beginning rehearsing our Christmas play
- Having Mrs Thomas visit our lessons
- Lego Maths workshop with our parents
What a week!
It may only be the beginning of November, but Year 2 have begun secret Christmas Production auditions! Not only that we have also started our new Fire Fire topic, had an amazing trip to Birkenhead Fire Station, had a visit from the Anti-Bullying Ambassadors following the whole school performance and studied some challenging Maths. Here are the pictures for you to see for yourselves what a week it has been!
We enjoyed making our Moving Vehicles using axles and wheels. Then we wrote a set of instructions to explain how we made them. I wonder if you could try to make a moving vehicle?
Well Being Day
On Thursday 24th November, we celebrated ‘Well Being Day’. Year groups carried out various activities throughout the day. Some of us had the opportunity to take part in peer massage- this was very relaxing! Others participated in Lego Therapy, which we loved! One class even had a karaoke session- this made us feel GREAT! Thank you Mrs Porter for our wonderful yoga session. It was a relaxing and lovely day at Mersey Park. We loved coming into school in our comfy slippers!
Week 6 Highlights
Year 2 have had a great week. Our highlights include:
- Making, eating and evaluating our Super Pasta Salads
- Logging on to the laptops using our unique passwords and practising our typing skills
- A variety of skills in Maths using commutativity and relationships
- Using our senses to describe a walk through the woods
- Making clay Diva lamps
Week 5 highlights
This week we have had lots of fun. Some of the highlights are:
- Harvest celebration – learning poetry, collecting donations and dressing up
- Organising numbers in Maths
- Planning our Healthy Pasta Salad
- Reading Poetry with our Reading Buddies for National Poetry Day
- Becoming experts about Neil Armstrong or Amy Johnson and sharing this with our partner from the other Year 2 class
Week 4 Highlights
Our week 4 highlights were:
- Investigating the strength of twisted materials
- Writing descriptions of Plop, the Owl who was Afraid of the Dark
- Using place value in Maths
- Thinking about ‘What is Peace?’
- Sharing ‘What makes me Unique’
- Exploring how to resolve conflict