Attendance & Punctuality
Working together to improve school attendance
Click the following link for further information: Attendance Leaflet for Parents
If you are unsure whether your child should stay off school if they are unwell, click here for advice.
The school’s attendance policy can be viewed here.
Please click here to see what good punctuality means at Mersey Park Primary School.
We expect every child to work hard towards gaining 97% attendance or better. See the tables below:
- We celebrate 100% attendance each term by awarding every child a certificate. At the end of the year all children with attendance of 100% are invited to a special event.
- Pupils with attendance of 97%+ are entered into our attendance raffle to win a family prize, at the end of each term.
- Each Friday the children have the chance to win £5 in our ‘Five for Five’ reward. A name is randomly selected and if that child has been in school for all five days that week, they win the £5. If they have not been in all week there is a roll over to the next week when there is a chance to win £10!
- Every week we celebrate each class’ attendance in Awards Assembly by looking at our Attendance League. The class at the top of the league look after Daley Bear for the following week.
- All classes with attendance of 97% or better, each week, will receive a body part to add to their ‘Potato Head’. Once there ‘Potato Head’ is full they receieve a class reward, such as a non-uniform day.
- In each classroom there is a display that shows weekly attendance. Rewards are given for 100% attendance for the week and improvement.
- Each term we monitor punctuality throughout the school. Rewards are given for pupils who arrive in school every day on time between 8.50am and 9.00am.